HeroQuest is the innovative, dynamic, and flexible rules engine by Robin Laws, suitable for play in any genre or setting. It presents a simple and flexible system that allows Game Masters to make decisions the way authors and screenwriters do when creating novels, TV episodes and movies. HeroQuest encourages creative input from your players, resulting in an exciting, unpredictable narrative created through group collaboration. Its resolution methods and scalable character levels make it equally suited for any genre, from epic fantasy to satirical soap opera. Whether your next game idea draws on horror, war, western, martial arts, pulps, cyberpunk, cliff-hangers, giant robots, super-powered heroes, space opera, cop action, corporate intrigue, furry animals, swashbuckling adventure, Greek tragedy or even drawing room comedy, HeroQuest can handle it! You can even use HeroQuest to emulate a musical – although it won’t do the singing or dancing for you.
Completely rewritten by the original designer, this new edition opens and details running the core system for any genre.
This book contains everything (except a D20) needed for play:
- Character Creation – describe your character and get playing in minutes.
- Overcoming Obstacles – handling conflict, be it with swords, words, gangs, or armies.
- Playing Stories – how to vividly run your adventures in engaging and creative ways.
- Narrating – the secrets for balancing the give and take between narrators and players.
- Followers and Support – how your sidekick, followers, horde, army or community help.
- Creating Genres – details for creating and detailing your own game world.
- Gaming in Glorantha – a separate section on applying HeroQuest to Glorantha.
- Quick Reference – so you don’t have to hunt for the information you really need.
132 Seiten. 2011 (Second Printing).